Thursday, March 24, 2011

Baby Annastyn or Anniston

Anniston Marie Nielsen was born yesterday March 23 at 11:16 pm. 7 lbs 4 oz, 19 inches long.
I had woke up in labor at about 2:45 am, but the contractions were about 5 minutes apart. The boys went to school, and the contractions started getting stronger. About 12:30 we headed to Draper and my contractions were 3 minutes apart.
Trudy drove me to the hospital and they monitored me for an hour. I had been dilated to a 3+ for 2 weeks and had barely changed (which was frustrating as I was having all that pain for nothing!). I changed a bit, and after talking to my Dr, they decided to keep me.
We called Todd about 3:30 and told him to head back from Wyoming. He made it at about 7:00. I still had only dilated to a 5+ when a Midwife came in to break my water at 10:45. Minutes after she broke it, I was ready. It happened so fast that I went light headed and almost passed out. I had to have oxygen and the baby had some distress as she dropped so quickly. My Dr showed a few minutes later, and after pushing through 1 contraction she was here.
She wasn't crying well, so you can see my concern before they took her away to the nursery.


They thought it would take a few hours and then she would be in with us. But she was really struggling and not getting better. Finally this morning they started antibiotics and took an xray. They also had to pump her stomach twice and removed a large amount of amniotic fluid she had swallowed. The x-ray showed pneumonia in one lung and the antibiotics seem to be working well. It is just so sad to see her connected to all the wired and monitors.
She has to have the drugs for 7 to 10 days. If she really improves she may be able to go home and have them there. If not, I will be staying here with her for the week.



She has a chunky little face and neck, and more hair than our 3 other kids combined. I finally was able to hold her for a bit today. She's so tiny! I forget how small they start out.


We can't quite decide how to spell her name. We've narrowed it down to Annastyn and Anniston. We'd really like your imput. Let us know your vote.

17 comments:

MommaBear said...

Annastyn! Totally! It looks so pretty!
And she's so Pink!! Just wanna snuggle that lil mama!
Congragulations!

Heidi said...

She's beautiful!! I like Anniston. Not for any particular reason. Maybe just because I like the way it looks with that spelling.

sea poulson said...

Annastyn! So cute congrats!
LOVE YOU!

kevin and sandy said...

what a doll! cant wait to see her. You know my vote - Annison

Julie Smart said...

Annastyn is our vote! Congrats!

confessionsofashopaholicmom said...

Bridgette ya'll did good, she is so cute! I like Anniston, but I am afraid the vote is split down the middle :( You might have to make an executive decision. I understand what you are going through right now, we went through some of this with Gracie. She spent the whole time in the level 2 nursery :( . They let me stay at the hospital in the same room after the released me. It only cost $30 a night, which was cheaper than driving back and forth. As long as they weren't busy they said I could stay there. It was really nice to stay close to her and be there to nurse her whenever she was ready! Call me or FB me if there is anything we can do to help!

Stueller said...

Congrats! I am so in love with my boys but there is something about a girl that is so special! I love my baby girl! I vote anniston. Hope she starts doing better and gets to go home soon.

Colby and Amber Vanderbeek said...

Congrats Bridgette! Wow, what a story! I'm so sorry and makes me sad to hear. (little jealous that you had her so quickly though, one push? Geesh!) :) I hope and pray all goes well and she'll be strong and healthy soon! And get to go home soon! She's simpley precious, what an adorable little girl! I love ANNASTYN! I'm all about different and unique spellings! So cute!!

Ross & Amanda Goodman- but mostly Amanda :) said...

Anniston. Bridgette, she really is beautiful! Our prayers are with her and all of you. We hope she can come home soon.

Laurie said...

She is beautiful! Congratulations! Wow! Poor baby and poor you! Sorry she has to be there for a bit! I like Annastyn! It's cute and different!

Heather said...

I vote Anniston. The spelling with a y...it makes me focus on the part in the middle..it spells nasty...for some reason my eyes go straight to that part. CUTE BABY...CUTE NAME!!

BigCityGirlatHeart said...

Congrats! She chose a great day to be born... definitely a Nielsen ;)

I vote Annastyn.

ALL 4 DYETS said...

What a cutie pie!! She looks healthy...I hope she is getting better! I like both spellings...but i do like that the spelling on this Annastyn is different then most! That is my vote! Love You!!

Trudie said...

I am so glad that I got see to my great niece- she is beautiful. I think that you need to spell her name the way that you want but my vote is for Annastyn. I really don't focus on the "nasty" part of it in the middle. I will love her no matter what you name her or how you spell it. She is adorable. Congratulations to both of you for a job well done.

Unknown said...

Anniston,

Ryan

Angie said...

I like them both, but I think I like the way Anniston looks better on paper! We're so happy your sweet angel is happy and healthy and finally here! Can't wait to meet her!

Shawn and Shellbi said...

I am so out of the loop Bridgette-I didn't know you were even that close to having a baby until I spied something on someones facebook page! Congratulations on the sweet baby girl. How tough to start out with a battle, but she is bound to be tough with her three brothers-what a beautiful little fighter you have. Good luck getting her home soon and if you ever need anything, I am always around to help!