Sunday, August 8, 2010

What do I do?


So following the Mascara day, Jake continued to have a messy week.
The next day I found him in the closet spraying hair gel on his hair (well mostly the floor and himself. Sorry no picture).
The day after than, it was peanut butter.
He knows what he is doing is wrong because he hides.
This is his favorite spot behind the couch and the tree.
He was eating the peanut butter with his hand and must have been wiping it on himself, the floor, and walls after each bite.
FYI: Not as easy as mascara to get off the carpet.

And then tonight, he and Michael were looking tired so I put them to bed a bit early. I let them watch a movie to help them stay in bed and relax. I checked on them part way through and Jake looked about asleep.
I guess not, because the next time I came up, I found this:

That's my makeup case with all the 2 foundations squeezed and poured out on the floor, on and in the bag, and tracked all over. He also painted himself with the mascara, found the eyeliner pencil for his legs, and had rubbed it into the bedspread, under the bed, over all my other makeup, and on his clothes. No pictures of him this time, because I don't want to encourage him.

This was the HARDEST to clean up. Foundation does not like to come off things, it just smears around on the other makeup cases, toys, and mat. Getting off the carpet took forever, and I think I'll have to do more tomorrow.

Let me just say how thankful I am for my Hoover carpet cleaning machine.

Only had to use it twice with Michael.

Jake on the other hand. . . .

If anyone has ideas, I'm all ears. The problem is he sneaks away and hides.

3 comments:

BigCityGirlatHeart said...

Make him help you clean up the mess. If it's not all fun, maybe it won't be so enticing?

kevin and sandy said...

all i can say is wow. great idea from bigcitygirlatheart. we're still looking forward to them coming. we may just need that leash back.

Colby and Amber Vanderbeek said...

Oh my! I still think it's 2nd child syndrome :)